Friday, July 16, 2004

Real Good for Free

Many thanks to my friend Ed for pointing out that Suba collaborator Cibelle will be playing Harbourfront in Toronto on Friday, July 30. With a little more investigation, I've learned that it just gets better and better:the show appears to be free, there's another free one by Daude (whom I only know from a track on the "Brasil2Mil" compilation) on Sunday, Aug. 1, AND it's all part of Harbourfront's Hot & Spicy Food Festival , along with the Brazilian-themed movie "Woman on Top" (also on the 1st), and a ton of other stuff from other Latin American cultures.

Too bad we already have two other Toronto trips planned in the next month. I'm gonna try to check out some of this, but it seems unlikely. If anyone goes, please let me know how it turns out.

BTW, I was planning to provide links for both artists above, but the Six Degrees label site seems to be down, and ever since the All-Music Guide relaunched itself with a visually spiffy new design, it doesn't seem to work very well--which I pray is only a temporary glitch. So you're on your own if you want to learn more about either.

No comments: