Saturday, July 16, 2005

I'd like to teach the world to sing...

Check it out: you can get Mr. Pibb in vending machines here in the Atlanta airport. (Actually it's Pibb Extra, a concoction I'd never heard of till now--which raises the question: extra what? Extra "pibb," maybe?) And that's not all. Rejoice with me in the poetry of sugar water product names: Mello Yello! Fanta! And the ominous sounding Coke Zero, which makes me think more of a Japanese noise band than something I'd want to drink. Oh, for the days when New Coke was considered a crazy idea...

Obviously this entry has nothing to do with music and everything to do with my newfound ability to post on the road--like on my current trip to New Orleans (and later Lake Charles, LA), where maybe, just maybe, I'll wander into some club and post something about some band, right on the spot.

Or not. There's something about all this that feels too much like work (if you count writing about rock concerts as work, which I have been known to do).

No matter what, let us all celebrate the fact that a guy on a 4-hour layover in the Atlanta airport now has the ability to instantaneously post doumentation of the vending machine for all the world to see.

Who sez our culture is dumbing down?

No comments: