Monday, May 09, 2005

Partyup

The self-promotion never stops these days, folks. Actually, this one's not really about me at all, but it's certainly about music, and no shortage of obsession. This Thursday, May 12 at 8:30 p.m., there will be a party at the Sphere nightclub in Buffalo, NY to celebrate the May/June issue of the magazine I work for, Buffalo Spree--the first-ever Music Issue. We needed a party because the staff and freelance writers spent about four months working on this one. We'll have two deejays (my buddies Karl Scheitheir, aka "SkaBear," and Paul Szp, aka "Paul Szp," who played in one of my fave Buffalo bands from the 80s, Paper Faces) playing Buffalo-born music from the era of Harold Arlen to the present day. Details on the party are here. Hope you can come!

There is much I could say about the issue, and about music in my adopted hometown, but it'll have to wait. I'm--irony of ironies--late for work.

No comments: